Wilton Creamery Launches “Fwaygo Fridays” With Boozy Ice Cream
South Florida Distillers and Wilton Creamery Team Up to Create Rum-Infused Ice Cream Flavors Available All Summer
Summer is heating up! South Floridians can cool down with Wilton Creamery’s Fwaygo Rum-infused ice creams all season long. Limited quantities of each Fwaygo Rum-infused ice cream flavor will be released the last Friday of every month at Wilton Creamery.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the summer than to team up with Wilton Creamery,” says Joe Durkin, co-founder of South Florida Distillers. “We love working with businesses that support other independent businesses. Wilton Creamery and South Florida Distillers both source local ingredients and focus on providing customers with exciting, new products, so this collaboration was a no-brainer.”
These two local businesses have both risen to the top of their markets in South Florida and continue to promote shopping local. “Working with amazing people whose product you respect and admire is a reward in itself,” says D.J. Colby, Ice Cream Chef and Managing Partner at Wilton Creamery. “Keeping things local is our shared goal. We both offer great products South Floridians should know about. Why not combine the two?”
The full list of Fwaygo Rum flavors is as followed:
- Fwaygo Nemesis – Fwaygo Rum sweet cream ice cream with passionfruit, orange, lime and pomegranate juices.
- Fwaygo Flamed Banana Brownie – Flame-roasted Fwaygo Rum and brown-sugared bananas with brownie bits in a brown butter ice cream.
- Fwaygo Mint Julep – Fresh mint sweet cream ice cream spiked with Fwaygo Rum, German Rocks sugar and fresh mint leaves.
- Fwaygo Rum Ball – Milk chocolate sweet cream ice cream with Fwaygo Rum balls and Nilla Wafer pieces.
- Fwaygo White Out – White chocolate and Fwaygo Rum sweet cream ice cream with coconut pieces and almond bark.
- Fwaygo Libre – Carbonated Fwaygo Rum and cola sweet cream with a touch of Key Lime juice and Lime fruit slices.
- Fwaygo Cilantro Pineapple – Fwaygo soaked grilled pineapple sweet cream ice cream with fresh cilantro and pieces of grilled pineapple.
- Fwaygo Butter Pecan – Fwaygo and pecan sweet cream ice cream with brown butter, brown sugar and toasted pecans.
Release dates will be announced onWilton Creamery’s Facebook page. Ice Cream prices range from $4.45 for a small, up to $7.75 for a large. Wilton Creamery is located at 2301 Wilton Drive, STE C-4, Wilton Manors, FL 33305. For more information about Wilton Creamery, visitwww.wiltoncreamery.com.
For more information about South Florida Distillers and Fwaygo Rum, please contact Melissa Sweredoski of Mad Studios at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.610.6321.
South Florida Distillers is Fort Lauderdale’s first distillery creating handcrafted rum from Florida-grown sugar cane. Owned by friends Avi Aisenberg and Joe Durkin, South Florida Distillers released their first product, FWAYGO in January of 2015. A true taste of Florida, FWAYGO Hand Crafted Rum has a hint of citrus with notes of Meyer lemon and just a bit of peppery heat on the nose. FWAYGO is distilled from locally sourced high-grade molasses, using a slow fermentation and small cuts to develop uniquely rich flavors and a smooth finish. FWAYGO is 40% ABV. South Florida Distillers is located 1110 NE 8th Avenue #3C Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, and appointments for their Tasting Room can be made through their website. For more information on South Florida Distillers, visitwww.southfloridadistillers.com.